Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 9

Happy Tuesday!
Today was a mostly uneventful day a Google.. it was a little colder, but we entered new territory in class. We ate breakfast at Big Table, the cafe with Legos on the tables (quite the distraction) and had lots of classes. We did some stuff with Google's web engine app and Charles explained some of the basic concepts concerning servers and clients and requests and responses. So all that code I typed in my program last year finally makes sense to me.... I think. I'm hoping to be able to open my project, although I don't have Scheme on my computer.. so I guess i'm going to have to give in and download Racket =P

I was supposed to have lunch with my mentor today, but she was out sick, so we're meeting tomorrow at Slice - the vegan cafe on main campus. I also went to the Google store during one of my breaks.. I definitely need to go back! I did get Rebecca a really cute Google t-shirt, and one for Mother too. I'm so excited about it I almost want to send them home!

We got to end our day today with Geek Trivia! It was almost like being at work again.. except more computer-science- and geek-related, haha 0=)

After returning to SJSU we played two really intense games of ultimate frisbee, the second with a light-up frisbee that a random guy in the lounge decided to let us borrow. Thanks random guy!

Over and out,

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Beck and I can't wait for the t-shirt!! It's didn't sound like an uneventful day! Sounds like you learned lots and got to shop!

    ReplyDelete