Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 6

I got up this morning and met up with a few people to go in search of food for breakfast. As it turns out the Dining Hall on campus is closed on weekends and the little Village Market right across the courtyard is closed for the summer, so we ended up walking a couple of blocks down the street to House of Bagels. It was really good. I also got to Skype home this morning and talked to everyone, including Teddy.

So today the big event involved heading to Great America, the big theme park near San Jose. First of all, it was far cleaner than Kentucky Kingdom... and I opted not to get on the Hellavator-esque ride. We started out on the swings, then proceeded on to the typical log ride. It was warmer than I thought it was going to be, and it was nice to get slightly wet on the log ride. We then went on a big roller coaster called the Demon. It was awesome... definitely one of the coolest roller coasters I've been on (not that I've been on very many..) and we rode two more roller coasters - the Grizzly and Invertigo, which were also really cool. I can't forget to mention perhaps the two best parts of the day-- Kasra's "I just want to ride bikes with you" shirt and screaming Enrique's name to get the crowd energized. We rode the swings one last time before heading back to the light rail to head back to campus. I'm somewhat getting the hang of public transportation.. although i think the system in Chicago is slightly more complicated =P

We grabbed dinner at Johnny Rockets after heading back to the dorms to shower, rest, and play some Bananagrams. I also tried froyo after dinner. Apparently this place is full of new things for me! But this was nothing like the frozen yogurt we have at home which comes in three varieties - chocolate, vanilla, and swirl. This was more yogurty I guess, and you get to pick whichever toppings you want on top, so I got raspberry tart froyo with kiwi. It was really good with the kiwi, but I thought the froyo by itself was a little different. It almost tasted more like yogurt in ice cream consistency form. It was rather good, I must say.

Tomorrow will consist of laundry and writing code for hangman.

Until next time,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Haha. It was nice meeting your parents and your siblings today :P
    BANANAGRAMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason this blog does NOT sound like you at all...hahaha

    maybe it's because you don't sign out with "over and out" ;)

    <3 kc

    ReplyDelete