Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 10

Today was a good day (although I suppose it was yesterday now...). We had our four classes like usual, and Jessica, one of the program directors, ended up being our guest speaker -- how to write your resume and prepare for technical interviews. I think going through the slide my resume did just about everything it wasn't supposed to and very little that it was.. ohh well. I also went on one of our breaks over to the slide in the building next to us! Its like a twisty tube slide that goes from the fourth floor to the third floor. Definitely fun, but as good as the ball pit? that's arguable..

I also met my mentor for lunch at the vegan cafe on campus, Slice. I had some sort of beans and polenta and watermelon/cucumber/herb salad. It was really good (naturally), and it was nice to talk to my mentor more about working at Google and deciding where you want to go with your career in general.

We came back to SJSU and ended up having some sort of a dance party in the lounge... which really turned into Izzy and Enrique dancing really well and the rest of us watching.. or trying to do the worm, which is just about the only breakdance move we even attempted..

I also went to the Google store the other day and bought some things for the family. Mama and Papa, check your mailbox in a few days!

Over and out,

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment