Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 11

Today was another day filled with python and web apps. I even made a Twitter account so I could update my status with a program we wrote. It was pretty cool, but I don't think i'll ever be using that account.. although we did discover that Emma Watson has cut all of her hair off.

Our guest speaker today was a young guy named Michael who told us about time management skills: how to keep ourselves organized, how to prioritize to-do lists, and how to use Google calendar. It was definitely helpful.. i'm usually pretty organized when it comes to school-related things.. maybe managing my time better will help me keep my room organized too..

We had some exciting breaks though. We went back to visit the slide again! and this time there was a camera at the bottom so we could see the others when they landed. Its actually a really cool slide. You can go really fast if you curl your legs up, and there's a big dip in the middle. Google is somewhat like a large playground. It really would be awesome to work there. They definitely offer plenty of distractions if you need a break from whatever hard problem you may be working on.

We played another really intense game of frisbee tonight. I think i was on the losing end both times, but we had a whole lot of fun, and then walked up to the 7-11 to get some Gatorade before heading back to the dorms for the night.

The weather was really nice today. Hopefully tomorrow we'll figure out what we're going to do in San Fransisco on Saturday.. the zoo?

over and out,

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Enrique and I contemplated and discovered why we loss and it makes sense. There are wins in the future.

    ReplyDelete