Monday, October 18, 2010

Playing Catch Up


Don't let the title worry you. The only things I'm playing catch-up in are blogging and facebook photo posting. So, Mother, I'm still on top of all my schoolwork, don't worry! I need to run through some things really quickly.. I'm sure I'll leave out something vital.

So, one day last week (I think it might've been last Monday actually) Graeme and I woke up and ran down to the lake to watch the sunrise.


So this picture is actually from another morning when I went down to the lake.. but its prettier than the sunrise picture I took last Monday 0=) It was unfortunately a rather hazy morning, but it wasn't too chilly! Now the weather has taken a turn towards colder, or rather, more customary fall weather. Though on Saturday the weather was really nice for our Lacrosse tournament. I'm going to make a big jump here, though I think I might be skipping over two weekends in the process. =P

This past Saturday we played our first tournament at a park a few miles north of downtown and right on the lake. It was really nice and breezy, though the fields themselves were more dirt than they were grass. Also, a weird thing (at least weird for me). In Chicago, you aren't allowed to line any city property with paint, so all of the lines on the fields were made with flour. Things got a little messy and the lines got more and more fuzzy as the day went on. but, they line the fields with flour?! I guess I'm going to experience the pain of doing that myself- we're playing a home tournament this weekend, and I know we have to get up early Saturday morning to line the fields. But anyway, we won our middle game, which was against Augustana, one of the other teams in our conference. Apparently we lost to them last season by one highly controversial goal, so the upperclassmen really enjoyed beating them. Overall the day went pretty well, I think we started to mesh more and definitely could have one our other games (though we were all pretty exhausted by the third). Playing three games in one day with few subs is physically taxing to say the least =P but we made it! I can't wait for our tournament this weekend. and also to see my family!

I got back late Saturday afternoon and Skyped Emily briefly =). Next time it will be longer, a group call, and a bananagrams date. Oh, speaking of Skype, I had a massive group Skype reunion on Thursday with some of my friends from high school. Needless to say it was rather insane (thanks, John) but really awesome. If you haven't downloaded the new version of Skype, you should! You get 28 free days of group calls with up to 5 people with video. Sooo, I need to be group Skyping constantly in the next 28 days. 0=)

Now, back to Saturday. I went out with some of my housemates Saturday evening for Sushi at this Sushi restaurant whose name escapes me up on 53rd street. It was realllly good. I had some good tofu for a change (the dining halls haven't quite mastered the art of cooking tofu and having it taste like... anything yet, haha) and I crashed really early.

Then yesterday was a homework day! I got up early to do homework, but ended up falling asleep after breakfast, and didn't really start work until after lunch, but had a productive afternoon. And did lots of laundry.

So basically, my college life can be summarized into eating, sleeping, homework, and laundry. With a little lacrosse and fun thrown in there sometimes ;)

Now back to writing my first college paper =0. Now to make it through this and a math midterm on Friday afternoon, and my family will be here! Wish me luck!

over and out,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. i like how your on your first college paper, an im struggling through getting my like 10th one done, and distracting myself with your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete