Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vegan Diners and Knitting Circles

The one thing that discourages me from blogging is the daunting task of coming up with titles for my blog posts.. I've had a pretty exciting past few days though, so I must blog! On Saturday I went to Ratner and worked out (though I couldn't find my umbrella before I left) and ended up having to walk alllll the way back to South Campus in a downpour.. which would have been worse if my hair hadn't already been wet from my shower.. but I was pretty soaked by the time I got back, even WITH my warrior jacket (which is somewhat waterproof) I searched in vain for my umbrella when I got back up to my room too and ended up borrowing Victoria's! Ahh, my room is too small for me to be losing things... Its gotta be in there somewhere =P

I went to the Northside of Chicago (Belmont) with Mattie and her cousin to go to The Chicago Diner, a totally vegan restaurant, and the food was awesome! I ate a "Reuben".. with fake roast beef i guess.. it was very strange, but still good. I also had Macaroni and Cheeze with a z.
We were trying to make it back for Contra Dancing in Ida Noyes at 730, but it took us about an hour to get to the diner, and we ended up spending too much time enjoying our food (we shared a (vegan) cookie dough milkshake and (vegan) chocolate mousse cake for dessert) for so long that we didn't end up getting back to campus until after 8.

Sunday was a homework day, but I did get quite a bit finished.. now I have to get to work on stuff due next week =P

Monday I went to my first Communknity meeting.. yeah. its a knitting club that knits things for charity, and I'm rather excited about that.. its basically just a knitting circle. We meet for an hour on Monday evenings, sit around, talk, and knit.

Now its Friday, but I'm going to go sit out on the Quad in the sun and write letters =) I'll have to blog about the rest of the week later on. until then!

over and out,

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment