Friday, October 1, 2010

So this is college.

I have almost successfully made it through my first week of classes! I have one more Calculus class after lunch before my weekend has officially started. I did successfully add/drop and switch into the math class i wanted, *phew*. It was actually a lot easier than I was expecting it to be.. but anyways.
Tuesday was my big errands day. I went and bought all of my books, got my math class changed - I got the last spot in the class of the professor that I wanted! I really like all of my professors so far. My CS professor is actually friends with Charles and has a somewhat similar sense of humor. My math teacher is just kind of awesome.. and really really helpful. Graeme and I went to his office hours one day this week, and we were in there with 2 or 3 of our classmates, and the professor was super helpful with all of the questions we had.

I also spent one afternoon this week (the same afternoon that I went to office hours.. though i don't remember which afternoon) working up on the 5th floor of the Library. You can actually see downtown if you're sitting on north side! I ended up reading an essay for my Reading Cultures class and then falling asleep in a big comfy chair =)

Last night was a really exciting night, because I went out and played midnight soccer! Though it started at 1015, it was really fun.. and we only lost by one (which is apparently a significant improvement because we're known as the house that always loses, haha). Then I stuck around after the game and played some 3 on 3 with a few guys in my house... I think I remember why i typically choose frisbee over soccer, but I had lots of fun! It was basically like playing fribee in the dark at Google! except it was later, darker, and harder to spot the ball 0=)

Today is a busy day for sure too. I have a math club meeting at 3, followed by dinner, but I don't think I'm going to dinner because there's also an RSO (Registered Student Organization) Fair tonight, and Friday with Faculty back in my dorm, and I need to do laundry, and ah! So much going on all at once. And now its time for me to head out for an early lunch before Calculus, woohoo!

over and out,

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment