Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 4


Overall, today was probably the most normal day we've had so far here in the land of Google. We had morning classes, like usual, and I made the mistake of wearing shorts... it was fine while we were in the classroom, but even in the sun outside at lunch, i was a little on the cold side.

After lunch, we had a guest speaker come in and talk to us about presentation skills -posture, eye contact, inflection, the works. So after listening to elevator pitches on corn soup and pomegranate limeade, he knew what we were really interested in. I also tried a shot of wheatgrass. I think i was the only one who was okay with drinking it.. although the smell was certainly interesting!
We also worked on group projects because our poster show is tomorrow. Computer science is the WORLD: look around you. that's basically out pitch.. the show in general is all about computer science and diversity and how to make is more accessible to everyone.



I also tried Boba today! Or bubble tea as I know its called back home.. apparently boba is what its called on the west coast. Mixed in a kiwi smoothie it was definitely interesting.. I think the next time I try it I'll have to try it with something less fruity.

Tomorrow should be a fun day- we finish with classes early and head off to Santana Row for the evening!

Until then,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Hehe. I thought the wheat grass was indeed very interesting! I can't believe i forgot to post about it. (Maybe I'll add a comment)

    ReplyDelete